Some thoughts racing in my mind... some off track ideas that left me wondering... some awkward feelings occupying a essential place in my life... some striking incidents that needs special mention... they are making their way... they come up again and again... and remind me of who I am... here goes this blog... FAST and FURIOUS...

Friday, January 25, 2008

THE RELATIONSHIP(BF/GF) SYNDROME...




Walking down the lane with a bag hanging down my shoulders to the level of a tired laborer after a hard day’s work, my mind was brimming with innumerable thoughts... some plain, some complex, some easy to decipher, some tough to understand, some less evident, some more hidden... varied kinds of thoughts and feelings were entangling my mind in every other way. I was too busy living these thoughts to such an extent that I failed to notice a motorist hurling abuses at me for crossing the road when it was supposed to be a green light, a paradise for all the bikers and car drivers. But my eyes were too sharp enough to catch sight of a couple strolling down the way, hand in hand, arm in arm and eyes in eyes.



Oh! What a scene... adding to my woes of thinking and pondering over little issues of life, one more thought popped up... Why do people exhibit their love and care for each other in public? Why the hell do they make the singletons feel inferior in front of them? This affection bound behavior in public... What’s the use of this? Can’t they get a life? If they love each other damn so much then why not go and make love in their own backyards rather than bugging the singles like me who are ready to mingle but cannot due to some laid down strict rules and regulations? Perturbed at this distressing scene, I started to crack the reason behind this petty issue which carried a lot of weight in my life, at least for the time being!!! The possibilities could be, according to me, three.



Firstly the most thought of reason is that they just want to show the world their immense kindness and obligation towards each other that “Look, we are in a relation and we need to love each other. So let’s just get started wherever and whenever we get time off from our busy schedule. Even making out in public is not a bad idea.” Secondly, a mediocre reason probably, they are too much in love with each other that they cannot see any thing apart from their partner on this earth. This can be fake and short lived most of the times because it is mostly dominated by lust and desire for physical love than a much deeper emotional understanding. (Oh this reason sounds too complex to grasp) And lastly the least thought of reason is that they are suffering from the common syndrome called “BF/GF syndrome” i.e., BOYFRIEND/GIRLFRIEND syndrome. To increase your standing among your friends you make a boyfriend or a girlfriend... your friends start feeling jealous and subsequently your image begins to form as an experienced guy or girl who supposedly not only knows it all but also has done it all.



These possibilities are just possibilities and not concrete answers to my all the more concrete queries. At the end of it I am still clueless... I am still confused... I am still puzzled... I am still bamboozled.... so I continue to drift in my ‘thinking’ world.... which will come up with yet another thinking issue next time which will force you to put on your thinking cap!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shanky said...

Confused .... puzzled ... bambozzled... think that wat explains the BF/GF syndrome better... PDA isnt gonna stop dats fr sure.... btw good psychologic analysis....keep it up!

Unknown said...

Well! well! someone's oozing with jealousy. But anyways your suggested postulates are not exactly convincing. Public dispay of affection is always an option for couples unlike being obliged, unless you suggest that either one of them is acting under the other just in a hope to cling on to their relationship. Another thing is the matter of openness in the society. If people don't care or attempt to gasp at these sightings, why would couples try to hide their adrenaline rush? Besides, one of the points of being in a relationship is to have the courage to show their feelings without anyone's consent, I mean please. Give them their space. Aha, now here's the popular theory BF/GF syndrome as suggested. But I can only see it being applied to teenage couples under peer pressure. Taking some cases of serious and long term relationships, this factor's clearly a slap in the face. So all those preppy singles out there either don't care or learn to deal with it.


- "Call me a freak and that's what you get, ha!"

Ajay Kumar Singh said...

I do not want to say that what u hv written is wrong, but I would say that u r naive to pschology. Go deep into tht, n u will find answers of most of the "STRANGE" things...anyways, gud blog !!!

angel from heaven said...

Some valid points I guess and yes I too agree there is a time and place for everything.However there is nothing wrong with holding hands in being effectionate but for other things privacy in your own home is the best place tor intimacy!!

http://cutestangel.wordpress.com/